Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Head

"The issues of the past seem to be getting under control in all areas, except Beer."

Yes I just read that sentence too. How I came to read it is much more amusing.

After being poured a Smithwicks beer in a stout glass, I performed my usual routine of removing the absurd amounts of foam from my beverage.

"You really don't like head do you?" The bartender asked in a laviscious tone.

"No. I don't." I smirked.

Of course he claimed not to mean it in that way and then demanded I believe him that he was required to pour beer with "two fingers" worth of foam.

"So you just said 'head' and 'you have to use two fingers'...dirty," I said.

At which point he busted out the restaurant manual and I read the sentence:
"The issues of the past seem to be getting under control in all areas except Beer, please be careful when pouring beer and do not pour off foam and please put a 2 finger head on all pints."

This is the point at which I tore this page out of the binder and said calmly:
"I'm taking this."

No comments:

Post a Comment